View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
Exactly where are you reading this sort of thing? I'd stay away from there unless you already know a lot about computers. And, tbh, what you said doesn't even make sense (clock speed and amount of memory aren't connected).

Get the 2i2 or M2 interface and Logic, plug it into your Macbook. Then get a decent microphone or two. Mics are a whole different kettle of fish (see other threads) but you can get perfectly good results with $100-200 condenser mics. If you're doing vocals too, maybe start with a large diaphragm condenser (AT2035 is a good choice) as it will serve you well on multiple sources. Your Macbook won't be your limiter for what you want to do.
I'll second all the above, and suggest that you get the latest iteration of the 2i2 and a couple AT2035s. That will make recording in an X-Y stereo configuration easy. The 2035s are pretty warm-sounding mics, more so that a lot of cheaper condensers, and the Air setting on the Focusrite works really well with them for a clear sound. That's what I'm using these days and am happy with the results.