View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
My understanding is that there was a window when the Collings-made vintage-style cases were being included with all traditional models and some others, but that currently they are only available separately/as an upgrade and that the TKL cases are standard. My '18 OM1A JL and '19 01MhT both came with them.

The Collings-made cases are pricey, but are wonderful. I've slowly migrated to them when/where possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pender View Post
I've saw some listings with guitars from the end of 2017 which mentioned the Collings handmade case. I'm wondering if the handmade case was offered with those OM1 and the OM2H, too.
Collings cases were originally released with just the Traditional series. Then, there was a period where they came with some of the Standard models. But, after awhile they stopped including them with any of their guitars, and became available only via direct purchase on their website.

The exact dates of the above, I am not sure. Yet, you might find some Collings guitars (Traditional and Standard) that are still available which include the handmade case.