View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
Thanks to MrErikJ and Doug for the info on blending an LB6 signal with a mic signal.

With what I have in mind, I probably wouldn't even need a Soundscape to pretty up the LB6 sound. My idea is to use the Zoom A1 Four to EQ the Lyric and to run the LB6 signal (via a PADI) to the A1 Four's AUX IN. I'd adjust for a Lyric-heavy blend and set it at the appropriate level for strumming and flatpicking. Then I could simply up the LB6 signal level when needing a higher level for bare-fingered picking. That would hopefully avoid the boominess/feedback problem (from the Lyric) when upping the level and the quackiness problem (from the LB6) when strumming or flatpicking at a lower level.
The LB6 always seems to have a big low end, which might help out the Lyric a lot. On the other hand, Lloyd did tell me way back that they had tried the Anthem with an LB6 and it didn't work well due to the phase issues. When I said a mic+split phase pickup might not be an issue, I was thinking a real mic, not the Lyric. To me, the Lyric acts more like an SBT, and it also has tons of processing onboard, which may also be doing things with phase (who knows), so this combo may not work well. A mag should be a nice choice for beefing up a Lyric and complementing it as far as feedback resistance as well as low end enhancement.