Thread: Pre amps
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 11:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercn View Post
Hi - I am searching around for a good guitar pre-amp that won't break the bank either. I used the Play Acoustic which has the Body-Rez feature / presets in it - but I'd rather have a stand-alone preamp on my pedal board to give me more on the fly options and good tonal shaping before reaching anything else. Last night I watched a video on the Boss AD-2 and it seems nice; or one of the LR Baggs…. they get pretty pricey = Grace Design Felix $1,000. Being a non-professional that seems excessive..

Feedback / user comments are welcomed.

Thanks !
Hi silvercn

Many preamps in the $150 and under range.

I have a Fishman Platinum Stage which works very well with piezo or Sound Board Transducer (like K&K Pure Mini) pickups.

Grace Felix are awesome, but few players need that much/extensive adjustment.

Is there a bargain preamp which is decent?
For $33 you can own a Behringer ADI21 which is a great preamp and Direct Box. They are out of stock on Amazon, Musician's Friend and Sweetwater right now (coming soon).

Ebay has them as inexpensive as $25. It's built of tough plastic, and has Three way tone with adjustable mids, phase shift, and ground lift plus simultaneous XLR/¼" output. Can be run from a 9V battery or power supply.

Stomp the button (it's a designed like a floor pedal), set the volume and tone, and turn the 'Blend' up all the way and you are good to go.

Hope you find an affordable one you like.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…