View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
So many folks end up using the Bose products in ways they were not designed to be used;

The Bose units have INCREDIBLE dispersion throughout a room. Such good coverage that a lot of people who are used to conventional "point and shoot" PA rigs have a difficult time believing it.

When I set up my Bose system,.....I can hear myself perfectly - not too loud, not too soft. No monitors, no drop-out in the speaker coverage, a full 180 degrees from axis of the column.

I would also suggest that you consider finding a lightly used Bose L1 Model II instead of the Compact, IF you are going to be using it with another player...

It's a fun choice to have... enjoy the journey!
Nice post .. I appreciate you taking the time.

Many roads are leading me to the Bose! The sentence above in bold is the major factor... That and "ease" of set up and how clean it looks... The places I play are not music venues.

With that said, I may not have the luxury of have 8-10 feet of space behind me to set up. Perhaps someone can post about how the Bose (or) Soloamp perform in tight (stage or floor areas - where one is backed up against a wall).