View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 04:48 AM

I initially thought i was having deja vu or had dreamed the answer as I seemed to know it, but then I thought maybe I had recently read something about this. After a bit of searching around I found the quote from this recent thread http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...ad.phpt=218137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cim Frode View Post
Sorry for the bump.

I have bought a new K&K mic, the classic for my nylon stringed guitar. But K&K Have now changed the mic so it does not work with the Solstice anymore. (They changed it about 6 months ago)

Dieter:

"TRINITY MIC PROTECTION CIRCUIT

The Trinity mic capsule is rated for 1.5 - 10 operating voltage and has a built-in protection device that is activated at about 11.5 volt. Please use a K&K preamp like the Trinity Pro preamp or the Quantum Blender with this mic. Third party preamps may not work as they often provide 12 volt or more to the mic, in which case the mic would not function properly or not at all."

Dieter said that some customers blew their mics with the Solstice, is that really true?

// Cim
From this quote and my understanding, if what you said previously is true that the Ravens Labs PMB only gives you 9v, or slightly above 9v with the power adapter then you might be ok, although how much "slightly above" is slightly above 9v is the question, it seems as long as its less than 11.5v you should be fine. I wonder if theres some way you can measure it? perhaps a stereo jack cable with the phantom power channel (ring or tip, whichever one it is on the PMB) wired to a voltage meter?
But don't take my word for it, i'm not the expert here.

David