View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 03:49 AM

2) The tuning is actually open G minor chord, so there are many open strings going on.

3) You're right. Pick-up can never beat a proper microphone, that is true. I bought it mainly for live playing.

4) Yes, I'm listening over my headphones. Mostly for being in right time and BMP in metronome. I'll take a look on settings in Cubase and see, if I can change it somehow.

5) Sorry for mistunderstanding. I posted his video because of clarity and brightness of the sound. In the description he says, that he use Rodes NT5, which is not so far from my Rodes M5. That's why I wonder about his sound.

Honestly, my problem with recording is a long run. I'll try that position, you're talking about and take an inspiration from your photo. Then I'll let you know, what I've got.

And two questions:

1) If I pan AKG and Lewitt to L and R, shouldn't be there something in C? I always though, that usually is it L, C and R. Just curious.

2) Maybe stupid question, but maybe I could try to crank up gain on the audio interface (Steinberg UR44). I usually stop with turning the knob, when I hear noise and humming. So all knobs are set to position, when I hear almost nothing or very minimum of noise and humming in my headphones. I know, the more right, the more gain, but I also know, that noise can be very disturbing element, especially, when I play slow parts of parts with long breaks.

Last edited by Larsis; 11-20-2018 at 10:47 PM.