View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 02:24 PM

When I was in my 20's, I made a list of all the songs that I knew the music and lyrics to with out any prompts. It was over 350. At the time it amazed me that I really could remember all those songs. Now that I am almost 60, the square root of 350 would probably be pushing it. For all those who are in their 20's and 30's that say that will never happen to them, believe me I was there and it will happen to you.
Because I could remember so many songs, I always thought a music stand was tacky and cheesy. Well guess what I use now. I actually don't have a problem remembering, except a couple songs out of the 30 plus songs we play at a gig, but you just never know when that senior moment might set in. We also have all our songs in sheet covers and adjust the order for our set list in our music book.
I have my stand attached to my mic stand and set low as not to create a barrier with our audience. I also set it as flat as possible as to give it the illusion that it is not this big, flat, black metal shield I am hiding behind...
Funny how the petty things when we were young become the necessity things when we get older...