Thread: ZOOM H4 test...
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
From what Larry and Bern tell us, it's a must have for us home recording guys. I get alot of ideas when I'm out back on the deck, puffing a cigar and doodling. It may not replace my Tascam US-122 for my main recording device (but hey it might), but I'm campaigning heavily to get this under my tree for the holidays (or at worse my birthday or fathers day). All those 2 or 3 measure ideas I get and forget by the time I can get my mics set up will be captured. These things should be packaged with a decent guitar and sold as a promo.
Hi Barry...
I suspect that the unit alone might not replace your Tascam US-122 if you have it's system down, and your recording software up and running, and mics designated etc.

The CubaseLE software is not as ''thorough'' or slick as ProToolsLE, but it is very good for remote and everyday recording (up to 48 tracks). All the parts and pieces are there except for purchasing the mp3 conversion plug-in (which is the same in ProTools). I don't need that.

I'm not using mine for an interface, and I am using it to replace the computer and interface to record remote and living room recordings. The quality is exceptional, and the features make it quick and easy to use.

Had a student in today and we were working through some things what I just periodically hit ''record''. In 2 hours we had 20 files, and a total of 57 minutes of lesson exercises and explanations. Three minutes later it was on a CDr and went out the door with the student.

Idea Capture...
This is probably the strongest use for me...

It would make a great way for somebody to start with digital recording since it can be a computer interface as well.

I have not taken the time to even experiment with this use, since I have the studio, and I don't really want to drag out the mics, and stands, and computer, and launch the software, and setup a file, and.............................it's just easier to hit power and 10 seocnds later hit Record-Record.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…