View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 01:05 PM

Default Unexpected NGD........ :)

Welps, I have a "New to me Guitar Day" topic! ***EDIT: PICS ADDED ***

I was surfing Youtube and somehow stumbled across the Gibson American Eagle LG2 guitar. It's a small body, all solid wood, guitar which has that classic Gibson "thump." I had to have one but the funds didn't exist as we were expecting our first kiddo. (Born on 2/26 mom and baby are doing wonderfully!)

I decided at that point to start selling items that I no longer used or needed (it also forced me to do some cleaning in the basement which my wife was thankful for.) I ended up selling a boatload of stuff here and there, and was able to pretty much scrape together cash for the guitar.

I looked on eBay, some official Gibson online dealers and lastly decided to check out Reverb. As luck would have it, there was a "mint" conditioned 2013, LG2 that was being sold by a user who lived in the next town over. Wow. After some emails back and forth, I was able to meet the gentleman and look it over.

Sometimes when people say "mint" it's not actually mint, but this guy was spot on. The guitar was in immaculate condition and had been humidified it's entire life since he bought it new. It even had the original pack of Gibson goodies that came with it...unopened.) He said that it was a true closet guitar with about maybe 10 hours of total playing time on it. He said that he just never really bonded with it and that it was time to sell.

I couldn't be happier! It's so easy to play and unlike most small body guitars, it doesn't sound boxy at all. It sounds very full and a plus that it's made of all solid wood. (Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides.) The wood chosen for this model was beautiful. Nicely grained Sitka and Mahogany. It's a 2013 model and the top has a beautiful amber-ish hue to it.

This guitar is INSANELY lightweight. For any of you that might struggle with shoulder issues etc that aren't able to handle a heavier guitar this is a must have. It sounds amazing either strumming or finger picking. For its size there's plenty of that delicious Gibson "thump" and has very thick mids and to my ears plenty of bass for its size.

After I made the purchase I went to my local guitar mom and pop store and bought a humidifier for it. I'm very fortunate to have this guitar and I think I can honestly say that this will be a "lifer" guitar.

I know there are some back and forth between brands on every forum, but I'm super thankful to now have 1 Taylor, 1 Martin and now, 1 Gibson.

Here are some pics! I also wanted to add that I've owned some other nice Spruce topped guitars, BUT this one has the most "cross silking" of ANY spruce guitar I've ever owned. Gibson cut this wood perfectly! If you expand the pictures of the top, you should be able to see the perfect little cross silking lines! I love this guitar!

G7th Capos

Last edited by jjrpilot; 03-05-2018 at 03:17 PM.