View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
Thanks Bob, that all makes sense. I'm really new to this, just downloaded Audacity and it seems to be ok for what I am doing. Big change from my iphone 3 set up!
Hi Bob........I have worked with the H4n for a long while and originally just handled things with the onboard mics. The nice thing is that you can with this unit and others, step up to external mics when you're ready. Over the years, I've graduated to building in a mic pre-amp (Rane DMS 22) and spaced pair Shure KSM137's. I download from the H4n into my computer and work in Audacity, but use ADVERB as a plugin for reverbs, but the Audacity system for everything else.
The portability of the Zoom does mean I can reduce noise and also build in portable broad band panels in the right room in my house for more serious recording.
In handling the files, I try to keep everything....original raw Wav file, finished Wav file-processed, finished Mp3 file. For each song that I want to keep, I also have that raw Wav file uploaded to an external flash drive as a back up so I don't lose the original.
Note: the track in my signature is professionally mixed/mastered, but recorded with the system described above.
I'm still a newbie in all this, but it is fun!
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Last edited by islandguitar; 02-02-2018 at 11:59 AM.