View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorefinger View Post
Hi Guys
Learning Bach's Minuet ll in G.
I was doing well but then have got to a point were i'm finding it very difficult to hold a certain chord almost impossible, my fingers don't seem to stretch far enough apart? The notes im trying to hold are, D Third fret B string and
G third fret Bottom E string, my Teacher uses His little finger on the D and the next finger [Ring I think] on the G, he insists I must use these fingers.
I told him about the struggle but he said I must not cut corners using the middle finger instead of the Ring, our hands are also exactly the same size which seems bizarre to me!
Its been a couple of weeks plus and still no progress, this is stopping me finishing the piece and its so frustrating! The problem arises at the eighth Bar, whats even more frustrating is im now very fluid from bar 1 to 7 but this is stopping me moving on, I've tried every technique with the left hand to over come this with no result, it seems my Two fingers just wont stretch far enough apart...Are there any exercises or anything else I could try, practice appears to be getting me nowhere.
Any help VERY much appreciated.
Hi,

Could you give me the exact Bach number (BWV) that you are referring to?
I can't find that one, but I may be looking in the wrong place. You're saying minuet II in G, but I'm not finding it. Is it G major or G minor?

Thanks,
Louis

I found it, so forgive the post.

Thanks.

Last edited by LBrandt; 03-02-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Add text