View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

I have one of these. I bought it to have a "plug and play" guitar to take out to open mics, etc. and also to use in a band setting. It works well in both.

I have a couple options I use for set-ups. I can either plug straight into my Bose S1, Schertler JAM 150, or into the FOH. Depending on the venue and sound requirements, I have a plain DI, a Sunnaudio Stage, or a Zoom A3 (recent model) and they all work very well with the DD Sig.

Now, it doesn't sound like my Outlaw with an Edwina, or like My Dazzo equipped 910 through the Sunnaudio Stage. It's not supposed to.
It does offer a very usable "acoustic" sound that is very easy to connect to almost any system and is resistant to feedback.

The onboard controls are very convenient and work as designed. I usually play with the under-saddle carrying most of the sound with just a hint of the Lyric to round it out and warm it up a bit. I don't care much for the "Session" effect.

Overall, I'm pleased with the guitar. I don't play out as much as I used to, but when I do, it's a nice option. I think it's best application, for me, is in a band setting.