View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 01:37 PM
Guitar Gourmet

At this point there are so many but here are a couple. I've related this one before: Back in 2007 I got a couple of music videos where the lead guitarist used vintage Gibson ES-335 guitars. Both had really sweet tones and I was enchanted. I went on a quest to see if it was possible to find a modern one that sounded that sweet. Over several months I tried out about ten or eleven of them and I actually found one that was really sweet. My family was in a pretty financially tight phase so I didn't mention it to my wife and basically put it out of my mind. Christmas Eve came and we had the whole family at our place with a fire in the fireplace and enjoyed our Christmas Eve together. We gave our bedroom to my son and daughter in law. When everyone was in bed my wife and I set up the fold-out sofa and got ready for bed next to the fireplace. Before we tucked in she pulled a tony little package from under the tree and had me open it. Inside was a little note saying, "The day after Christmas let's go get that guitar." Somehow she'd sniffed out what was happening and decided to make it happen. What an amazing friend she is!

The other thing has happened a couple of times but is so memorable to me. I produced a song for a national artist and she asked me to play electric guitar and to come up with a solo for her song, which I did. A day later she came in to hear my work. She liked the solo so much that she jumped out of her chair and hugged and teared up. It's really nice when your work moves someone that strongly.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)