View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellomangler View Post
I need to find my dental mirror and take a good look at the soundboard. There could possibly be enough real estate in front of the palathetic pick up. Bottom line is I'll just have to experiment. On other guitars I already have the k&k, a McIntyre feather, a DiMarzio black angel piezo, an LR baggs lyric and an LR baggs I beam. I often combine passive with active systems because I prefer to have a passive back up and also some sound systems just sound better with a passive USB piezo - less brittle right off the get-go without EQ. This is a new Tak I'm dealing with now and I may have to alter the strap button preamp jack to access the ring for installing the second passive pickup. I do these sorts of mods all the time as well as minor guitar repairs (if you call refrets minor). An interesting experiment would be to put in a switch where I could run the passive Schatten HFN through the preamp instead of the palathetic pickup or run the HFN passive out the ring of the output Jack. Of course it would be sheer luck if the EQ curve of that preamp was compatible with the HFN.

That's a very cool idea - the beauty of the putty is how easy it is to try different spots with the Schatten. I'll be following this with interest.

I presume you've checked bridge plate girth south of the pins to make sure there's room?
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....