View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
Thank-you very much ChunkyB,

I really like the way the headstock came out too. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's a design that people seem to either love or hate. It's is the best deisign I feel I can do particularly with this Penelope model and I don't imagine ever changing it. I am however considering other head designs for my Greta and Josie models. Actually, I'm completely redesigning the Greta model and will start a new build thread on that one in a couple months.

I'm afraid I just can't seem to catch that Koa back in a picture that I think really shows if off. I've posted a couple pics but I'm still trying to find a better way to shoot that. I still have the steelstring twin to practice on, so stay tuned!

Thanks Again
Mark
Oh, I wasn't commenting on your photos of the back and sides. I was just saying that the most popular/viable top woods for tone (spruce and cedar?) also happen to be the most "plain" looking. Although, I guess I can appreciate a very tight, flawless grain pattern in spruce.

Seriously though, that koa is breathtaking. And I'm sure it's 10 time better in real life.

I can see how the headstock could be a "love it or hate it" type of thing. Put me down for a "love it".
Rhoney Oceana
Warmoth Jazzcaster