Thread: Circa Build
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 12:48 PM

Default Circa Build

Well, my 40th birthday is in exactly two years, so I just put down a deposit on one of John’s builds in Brazilian and red spruce. John says he’s been sticking pretty well to two years to delivery, so I hope to have one of the best birthday presents a guitar player could ask for. According to John, the Brazilian set I picked has a great classic tap tone and -more importantly- is the right weight. It’s apparently light enough to be dread-sized if I decide to go that route.

Im torn at this point between going with an OM or dread. My current collection consists of a 1945 J-45 and a recently-delivered Arcara D-18 style. My playing is usually a mix of bluegrass flatpicking and fingerstyle. While I know one of his dreads in his new bracing pattern would be plenty responsive for whatever I throw at it, the comfort of the OM body style is calling my name.

Can anyone give some feedback on how you chose your body style when having John build for you? Also, some general feedback on what the overall build process was like with John would be really appreciated. Thanks-I’m extremely excited about this one! I just went through a two year wait for the Arcara, so hopefully this time flys just as fast!