View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 12:19 PM

Default TRADED LOCALLY -Mike Baranik Brazilian JX

Beautiful Baranik JX built to order by Mike in 2001. Constructed with straight grained, dark, old growth Brazilian rosewood back and sides and bright Italian spruce top with subtle bear claw, this guitar plays and sounds as wonderful as it looks.

Mike built this with his famous attention to detail, impeccable workmanship and the best materials. Bound in ebony with ebony fingerboard, bridge and ebony matte headstock with the Baranik signature inlaid in abalone, the guitar is strikingly beautiful while being understated at the same time.

This JX model features a spalted maple volute, heel cap and end wedge which serves to set off the darker wood used in the body and the highly figured Brazilian headstock back strap. Other special features include the beautifully subtle inlaid wood rosette and ebony bound sound hole. The neck profile is a mild "V" shape.

The guitar is also equipped with Gotoh 510 tuners with wood buttons and a great sounding B Band UST pickup.
I bought this guitar from the original owner (a good friend) last year, but I've found that I'm not comfortable playing it outside the home considering its value, so I feel it's going to waste hanging in my humidified closet.

The guitar has some very small pinhead dings (mostly under the pinless bridge) on the top which are not apparent unless one inspects closely and one small indentation on the back binding on the lower bout; but overall it is in excellent + condition.

$NO LONGER FOR SALE-TRADED LOCALLY

Please PM with phone number for additional details or discussion.

(May consider partial trade for mahogany/adirondack Bourgeois OM or 000)

Specs from Mike's website:
16” lower bout
4 Ό ” body depth
4” sound hole
36' top radius
12' back radius
14th fret neck joint
25.6” scale length
1 13/16th” at nut
2 5/16” spacing at saddle

https://youtu.be/TR7XOd1h0YQ

J. Taylor