View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Charter Member

Smile Report from Blacksburg

Jim Tozier’s summer mini-tour kicked off tonight in fine fashion with a house concert here at my home in Blacksburg, VA. It was quite a treat to have this gifted yet humble artist grace us with his talents. And hearing the stories behind the songs brought each one to life in a beautiful way.

One of the surprises for me was seeing Jim pull his new graphite RainSong guitar out of his car. I hadn’t heard or played one of these before tonight, but it sure sounded great (especially when Jim played it!) – and it is the only guitar he’s brought on this tour.

We were also treated to Jim’s song (aptly named) Trinity that involved the use of (count ‘em) three capos (full, drop D, and cut). Jim also provided his tab of this and some other songs he played for us...

Besides his great playing, Jim shared his thoughts on various guitar topics from Michael Hedges’ playing and composition prowess, to graphite guitars, to strategies for playing in alternate tunings...

If Jim is coming anywhere near you on this tour, do yourself a favor and get out to meet and hear this talented, delightful, and gracious AGFer. You will have a great time!

Thanks again, Jim, for a wonderful evening that far exceeded my expectations. And Godspeed on the rest of your tour.

All the best,

Cliff