View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 08:40 PM

Default Tozier's "Guitar Pieces" Summer Road Trip and Mini-Tour

Well, my summer road trip/tour begins tomorrow. I'll be covering over 3000 miles in just over two weeks, and performing 12 times in 9 different states.

This will be the first "tour" of any sort that I've done as a solo performer (I've done a number of traveling gigs before, but never more than 2 or 3 at a time), so this will be new and exciting for me. I'm looking forward to it!

I probably won't be on the AGF much over the next month or so, because as soon as I get back from the tour, I'll be heading to Baltimore to join my 4-year-old daughter, Shannon, in time for her upcoming surgery.

I will try to check in each night or two and update this thread with "tales from the road," to share some of the things I've experienced and the people I've met. Since many of the people I'll be seeing during the trip are AGF members, they may be chiming in with their thoughts, too.

First stop... tomorrow night in Blacksburg, VA, where I'll be doing a house concert and guitar workshop, hosted by AGF member Cliff "Ragamuffin" Ragsdale. If you're nearby, it's probably not too late to join us. Just look for Raggamuffin's thread in this section about SW Virgina AGF'ers and get in touch with Cliff.

The other stops on the tour are listed here on my website.

I hope to see you soon!

2005 Hamblin SJ (cedar/flamed mahogany)

www.jimtozier.com