View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Recard View Post
I mainly play acoustic acoustically, but sometimes I play my Tele through a Boss RC-3 just for fun. Lately I’ve been thinking about getting into looping more seriously with my acoustic. I’m looking at the new RC-600 which has inbuilt drum loops. My setup will be J45 —> LR Baggs Anthem SL —> Boss RC600 —> PA. I don’t have a PA and don’t know anything about them but are they good for drum loops and any recommendations?

Also, should I put a preamp before the RC600?
If you're playing for yourself at home or doing medium sized gigs I can recommend the Cube EX. The dual 8" drivers will handle drum loops well, but larger drivers in a full size pa will provide more oomph to the kick drum.

I've played with drum loops in the past and found them to be too mechanical and require too much programming time to fit into music that's more organic by design.

I loop all the time at home or even use the looper for full songs. I started out with a simpler looper and worked up to a Electroharmonix 1440 which gives me everything I need. I especially like not having to bend down to save new loops or select stored loops. I was initially enticed by loopers with more features but figured out how many owners decide that "advanced looping" is too complex and prefer a simpler device.