View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 09:20 PM
Charter Member

Talking SOLD 2019 RainSong BI-WS1000N2 Black Ice

This is simply the best carbon fiber guitar I've ever tried. Each note is clear, crystalline and contains the right balance of fundamentals with overtones. It is gorgeous, set up perfectly, and in Excellent+ condition. The only reason I'm selling it is because I need to slim down my collection of guitars and free up cash.

Price is $SOLD+ Shipping on AGF

Video Link

Please contact me at [email protected] or 919-514-0452

What follows is the manufacturer's description:

BI-WS1000N2 6-string full body cutaway acoustic electric featuring N2 neck.

The Black Ice Series embodies Artistry. Each instrument is unique. The soundboard on each guitar is meticulously crafted to achieve an aesthetically pleasing appearance without overbuilding it. Each soundboard is individually conceived so every guitar is unique. Unique in design and unique in tone.
The WS is a wonderfully versatile guitar. Combining the best qualities of large and small bodied guitars, this body shape is ideally suited for a variety of musical situations. A large, deep chamber gives the WS strong projection and rich bass. The narrow waist and tight upper bout allow for a ringing treble, good balance and clear definition of individual notes. Overall, the WS is impeccably balanced. The shapely curves and light weight make the WS a comfortable guitar to cradle or stand with. The extra deep cutaway encourages playing up the fretboard.
The N2 neck is a result of an extensive, long-term collaboration with the renowned artist Steve Miller and Master Luthier John Bolin. The neck design is based on a modified "U" profile that has been popular in guitars since the 1950s. While the N2 has a more substantial feel than the original RainSong 6-string neck, it is ergonomically sound and actually results in better transfer of string vibration energy to the soundboard. The N2 features a truss rod that is accessible from the head stock. Graphite does not warp or bow with changes in humidity and temperature. The purpose of a truss rod in the N2 is to allow customization of the relief to suit individual preferences.

Features all-graphite "Black Ice" soundboard crafted using RainSong's Projection Tuned Layering technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette. All-graphite body. No body braces. All-graphite N2 neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong's Performance Shape Casting as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod. Custom Mother of Pearl sharks. Accessories Tusq Nut, saddle. MOP inlaid Tusq bridge pins. Customized hardshell case. UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane finish.

Depth at end-pin: 5 inches
Lower bout: 15.8 inches
Body Length: 19.5 inches
Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
Scale length: 25.4 inches
Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
Electronics: LR Baggs Element

Last edited by BigOrangeBox; 02-09-2022 at 09:55 AM.