View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
I think there should be a 'the one' in each category. Parlor guitars, dreds, OM's and so on

A while back I accidentally came across a dred right on this forum which I think I can consider the one, so I'm getting there.
This is a valid concept quite honestly. I do understand the value in owning multiple guitars with different voices, but I just can't see to enjoy multiple guitars. I tend to pit them against each other and ultimately, one always ends up sounding better.

For example, I love both my 717 and 517. At the end of the day, the 717 just sounds better, but I do like the 517 too. So, I start thinking to myself that there is no use in playing the 517 when the 717 sounds better. Same goes for my D-18. My 717 just simply sounded better to me. As a matter of fact, my 717 has sounded better than just about any acoustic I've ever played.

But, here is the funny thing. Last night, I was noodling around with a fingerstyle version of Silent Night and it sounded so much better with the 517. It dawned on me that perhaps the 517 is my fingerstyle guitar and the 717 is the rhythm boss?