View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=KevWind;5559882]
Quote:
I was going to point out that in this thread age doesn't really appear to be much of a factor, at least related to the OP's theory and given the number of replies from older players that play Taylors..... But I got to thinking that there might be one age related factor but more so when combined with the chronological aspect of having had the funds to purchase a Martin prior to when Taylor became a name in the acoustic guitar market.

This is arguably true in , but also does not really appear to have much to do with age per se . There is indeed sometimes cult pressure or air of self inflicted identification especially in Bluegrass , Folk a bit less . Several times I have been to Bluegrass Jambs and noticed a bit of a haughty indignant tone or glance when I pull my 810ce out of the case. But I have to admit such juvenile attitudes are amusing especially given that it often comes from the older (my age ) attendees .
I suppose some never escape their own insecurities .

And then there is also the fact that much of the Martin D28 Bluegrass tradition stems simply from the fact that it could be heard among banjo and fiddle
Yes. I have heard of these kind of occurrences. Very silly really. A quality guitar is a quality guitar. My friend who has 4 Taylors is very talented and truth be told can play circles around me. People that behave that way are only hurting themselves.

"And I wonder, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain"?