View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 01:26 PM

I'm really impressed by the knowledge in the above comments. It's one of the best threads I participated in for years.

Tim McKnight: I'm not sure what you mean by carbon fiber buttress braces, are they the braces that run from the neck and end block to a vertical beam on the sides? I saw a pic of them once. Are they supposed to diffuse long-term tension? Do they bend over time? Any issues with them?. What tone are you after Tim, if I may ask.

El Conquistador: That's what I'm looking for. What size guitar do you have?

Justonwo: Thank you for a very elaborate and helpful post. That's a beauty of a guitar. I agree with you, I also need the easier neck adjustment for changes in humidity. I'm just a hobbyist, but I'm thinning the herd and upgrading my guitars.

iim7V7IM7: "Dynamics and responsiveness can come at the expense of headroom. Bass can come at the expense of balance in timbre"... you're absolutely right. I need it to be a versatile well-balaced guitar, not a one trick pony. How would you describe Chasson guitar tone?

Can the adjustable neck and the carbon fiber be made in one guitar? I wonder how responsive it would be.

I play fingerstyle with the flesh, so I like a higher and quicker attack to compensate the lack of nails and a relatively more dynamic response for the same reason. Often I use a pick as well, and sometimes I dig in a bit. SO a little bit of headroom is useful.

Thank you all .... great and highly appreciated help.

Be & Remember ☮

Last edited by HNS; 11-30-2017 at 01:31 PM.