View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Not so much controversial as simply having some elements of highly personal subjective opinion, which are totally viable as personal opinion, but not so much as any sort of universal objective "Amplifier truth" .

For example : Any amp that you really like is "a good choice" and "not to expensive" is both a totally personal qualification and subjectively relative to one's personal budget. And as such has no actual objective bearing on what constitutes a "good choice"

1) DYI is certainly an option but by no means is the exclusive domain of
"real authentic tube amplifier" sound (not to mention real and authentic both, being totally subjective terms)

2) The reality is getting a "high wattage tube amp to distort" is also a highly subjective personal preference/goal and by no means a universal qualifier for what constitutes desirability of tube amp sound

And to clarify. If in fact these so called "electronic tricks" otherwise known as analog circuits do get "consistent great sound at lower volume levels" then that would be in my opinion, all the more reason to consider a modern tube amp

Also a number of modern tube amps have tube driven effects (usually a physical spring reverb and sometimes tremolo ) on board, which are in fact totally analog, and in my opinion, are far better and more "authentic" (whatever that means ) or more accurately "desirable" sounding than any digital onboard or pedal sound

3) Beyond solid state being usually lighter weight, the rest obviously totally subjective spearheaded by what "great" actually means

Just Sayin'
Just Sayin' - You read a lot into my brief comment and then criticize what I did not say. Of course everything is my opinion. Most people are already aware that comments generally made on these types of forums are someone's opinion. Overall, in my opinion, your comment comes off rather snarky.

Also, it must be remembered that in music a good sound is always a subjective experience.