View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 05:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3notes View Post
Thanks Jim. That's encouraging.
Recording is one of those things that looks easy enough until you try it. Little mistakes that we gloss over and ignore in a live situation become glaring problems when we record and realize we, and everyone else who listens, will hear that mistake over and over again and it's never going to go away if we settle for that take.

Quote:
Do 3 or 4 takes and"grab" the good parts and "put them in place." Is that what you're saying.?? If so, I like that, a lot.
That's exactly what I'm saying. It's essentially cutting and pasting although doing so does create "pops" that will have to be fixed by cross-fading but that's not a difficult thing to do.

Quote:
Can you tell me if I can do that with the Tascam or do I need to use a program, or "software" such as what slo-rick suggested.??
I'm not familiar with the capabilities of your Tascam unit but if I had to guess, I'd guess 'no' based on what it looks like unless it comes with some kind of editing software.

Quote:
What do use to accomplish this.??
I use Pro Tools but there are other choices out there. I'm not real familiar with all the other DAWs so maybe others can weigh in on their experiences with those. For your needs, Pro Tools would be overkill, not to mention expensive. I believe there are some free options out there as well, but I have no experience with those.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube