View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell G View Post
I would also look into the Squier line by Fender. Not the cheapo models (Affinity, etc.), rather something like the Squier Vintage Modified Tele Custom
which I bought last year for $400. It plays extremely well for a non - American Fender.
I played an Affinity Squier Tele not long ago and was quite impressed with the tones I was getting out of that thing. I should have bought it. It was a really good guitar.

I love Teles and have owned quite a few. At this time I have a Nashville Mex Tele and it has served me well for many years. I also have one of the nicer Squier Teles and it is a great guitar. I paid $150 for that axe and have used it all across the SE for at least 15 years.

Would I rather have an American? Of course, but they are so proud of them. LOL...Don't get me wrong, I am a big believer in owning and playing the best you can afford, and buying American. Sometimes it comes with a ridiculous price tag, but not always. Depending on your budget, whatever it may be, go for the one that sounds and plays the best for you. As someone has already mentioned, if you look around at used guitars you can score an American for a fair enough price.

Again, I love Telecasters and maybe I am biased, but there is a reason for it. They are awesome! I don't think you will ever regret owning one. Good luck