View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Dotneck, That's a nice prize! Let me say that learning the 5-string banjo will give you a new outlook on playing and also fire up your enthusiasm for guitar. !
Yes it was a great prize. More of a door prize. When you came in you got a ticket. There were about ten or twelve prizes you could pick from and add your ticket to the box for that prize. There was the banjo, a Tele clone, a uke starter pack, and various pedals (like a Dr Z attenuator pedal). I picked the banjo box.

They also offered restringing if you bought a set of strings so I bought a set of Monels for my Collings. I figured I’d let their tech restring my slot head 0002h. I was leaving about 1:30 (after my Collings was done) and I told Mike, the shop owner, to call me if I won. He said the winner must be present and the drawings were at 3:30.

I got home and had some lunch then told my wife I was going back for the drawing. I just had a feeling I’d win. Also with abou 100 people there and ten different prizes I thought my chances for the banjo were pretty good…

I also have a friend who is a pretty accomplished singer songwriter. She’s said that picking up a banjo has helped our move past a writers block. So I’m hoping I will make some progress on this new endeavor.