View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 04:06 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Mark, very glad I’ll get to see you at BIG, and very much looking forward to seeing the guitars you bring! You’re off to a great start.
I'm glad you're coming! I haven't seen you since Woodstock '18. I'm bringing that Bloodwood Greta and would like to hear your impression of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palolowarrior View Post
Happy Birthday Mark!!!
Thanks! This was a quiet one which isn't a bad thing I suppose except in these covid times it's getting a little old>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
I really cannot wait! All 3 guitars of yours that I've played just made me want more and more time with them. Looking forward, Mark
I'm looking forward to seeing you and hearing you play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Looks like a great start to red white and B.I.G.
Thanks cigarfan! This combination really works for me and has been well recieved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kraus View Post
Nice bearclaw!. Great photos of the floating lumber camp, very interesting to see that. I wonder how many of those things are left, and how often they are parted out into nice guitar tops. It will be nice to see these instruments take shape.
Thanks Bill. It seems Sitka is the preferred floatwood and the rafts last about 40 years. This one was a smaller one with just 3 or 4 mobile homes on it. Some of them were/are huge with schools and bars etc. Maybe some of our Northwest members will chip in on how many of these camps are still around.

Thanks for the comments!
Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright