View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 AM

Wink

Well yesterday I picked up a Taylor NS54CE, as a few of you already heard. It was just the guitar I was looking for.
I have little expereince with nylon acoustics. While I was trying out the guitar out I overheard a phone call and it sounded like somebody else on the other end was interested in the same guitar I was test driving. I played it for 30 minutes and could not find anything to gripe about; I kept trying to wipe the smile off my face that kept forming while I played.
So I bought the **** thing.

On the way home I took it by my friends house who teaches classical music and owns quite a few classical high end boomer guitars. I told him what I wanted to do with it and how comfortable it was to me. He commented positively on it having a nice sound, finish, details, etc and noted it was a little quieter than most of his. He did give it a thumbs up and said it was easy to play.

I bought this nylon to get into more Bossa Nova style jazz genre. It's interesting, a few days before purchasing this guitar I barrowed my friends classical Takamine and it felt extremely foreign/ uncomfortable to me due to the "classical" wide flat neck.
So for a guy like me, that plays mostly steel string guitars, this Taylor NS54CE I believe will work out exactly for what I purchased it to do with some comfort and bling.