View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Sounds great. If I am remembering correctly Steve DeRosa recently got a Gretsch Falcon (not sure if it was a Master Built). Or posted about it..
Got it/posted about it back in June, Kev, and mine may well have been the very last NOS left from the original MIJ production run of '62 reissue double-cut White Falcons; didn't have the means to post photos of mine, so the pics in my NGD were in fact a Custom Shop (not Master Built) version shipped from the factory with a '58 White Penguin-style armrest and wire Chet Atkins-type Bigsby arm. This one appears to be an offshoot of the current 16" center-block White Falcon (I own both 16" and 17" double-cut Gretsch instruments, and the relative proportions are very different), with pre-1958 control wiring, a hardtail Broadkaster tailpiece, and a Shoreline Gold Finish - different, but I've never seen a Falcon I liked in any color other than white or black, and unless that's an honest-to-Brooklyn vintage-style nitro finish I fail to see/hear the reason for a Master Built designation...