Thread: Delay Settings
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 AM

hhmmmm, I feel like I am doing it right but without using the same platform as you I suppose it's hard to confirm.

Basically if I am recording a track (referred by logic as "input 1") and have it highlighted, the plugins menu is on the far left side and is under a heading called "inserts". Just below this heading and any plugins you add is another heading called "sends"; which you can add bus 1 or bus 2, etc. When you click on one of these buses it goes into an identically structured menu vertically parallel to "input 1", only it's called "bus 1". On here I can add delay, and then reverb on bus 2....and I am able to adjust the volume of these individual buses which seems to affect the intensity of the effect.

Am I doing this right? It seems like I am as the effects no longer sound the same even though I am using the same reverb/delay settings; I assume it's because I have a dry signal in the mix now?

So one, am I doing this right, and two what is the benefit of doing this? Is it always better to do this (i.e. every time)?

And one more thing, what do you mean by OP?

Thanks so much for all your help.