View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny B View Post
I drive daily and ride motorcycles too, so there's not a day that goes by without me narrowly avoiding being hit, rear ended or run over...

More and more, the main cause of these close calls is cell phone usage by the other party...

I'd like to find a solution, like everyone else...

But the truth is, there IS no solution...

Just like driving under the influence, road rage, etc, all the laws in the world can't STOP people from recklessly endangering their own lives and the lives of others on the road...

All that can be done is to deal with the tragic results...

The world is far too full of people lacking a sense of responsibility for themselves, and who have no respect for others...

You can't legislate that into them...
There's no "perfect" solution, if that's what you mean, but there's certainly more that can be done throw up our hands. Higher fines/penalties and stricter enforcement would definitely keep many people at bay out of fear of losing their money/license or going to jail if they try to drive once their license is suspended. I don't drive while on a cell phone, but if I did, if I knew a cop observing me doing so could result in a multi-hundred dollar ticket and points on my license, I guarantee you I would not take that risk, and many others wouldn't either.