View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvl View Post
I never knew I was so controversial... these 2 feature rotting woods, weird extra frets, reject spruce, neck bolts and off-quarter woods

Up first Bear claw Italian and Brazilian with sapwood, spalted maple and abalone rosette and ebony binding (sorry about the dust particles.)

[IMG]
Thanks to Harvey's generous party, I was able to play this beauty in the quiet of a hotel room. Harvey had two rooms and we were all gathered in one having a good old time playing several Voyage Aire models. I asked Harvey about his higher end guitars and he simply told me to walk next door to his other room and play them all I wanted. Once over their, I picked up this extraordinary looking OM. At first strum, I heard the voice of angels. It just sang and sang. I couldn't believe how beautiful it both sounded and looked. Evenutally some of the other luthiers in attendance walked in, and they all remarked on the beauty of this guitar.

Finally Harvey said, " You know that is a travel guitar". I was stunned. Sure enough, this ultra highend guitar was a full on custom Voyage Aire with foldable neck and compact case. I said, and continue to say, this guitar has to be the BEST travel guitar ever built. WOW!!
Steve