View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MThomson View Post
I'm all sorts of delighted with how it looks so far. And I agree with everything you say about experiencing the development first hand - both sonically and aesthetically. The guitar I played two years ago was the best guitar I'd ever had in my hands - I've since played 3 that put it in the shade. Equally, the work on his rosette, and the addition of the colour has pushed his aesthetic detailing to a whole new level and I completely love it. It has allowed me to really make the guitar a reflection of all the influences in my life that led me to this point.

I will definitely share my thoughts on it, and if I'm brave maybe even a sample of me playing. I might even be open to a compare and contrast once yours arrives...although given yours is after mine, that's a risky proposition for me.
Haha, Would be great to hear how they differ. I find when it gets to this level of quality, its never about one being 'better', just wonderfully different and why we always want one more ;-)

I'll keep you posted and maybe we meet up at Rory's when mine is done...although must warn you, I am more a strummer, fat fingered, with poor technique, but being fortunate enough to be able to afford this heirloom instrument, hoping it inspires me to get better... if this wont, nothing will!