View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Charter Member

Not the first time we have seen a post like this in the CF sub-forum. Most of us who own carbon fiber guitars also own wood guitars. I would venture that most of us also became "curious" about carbon fiber because of their resilience, compared to wood guitars. And then, some of us discovered that we really like the tone of our carbon fiber guitars.

Delve into the different CF manufacturers, and you will find that, like wood guitar makers, they all have unique sounds. That said, they all sound like guitars. These are simply another viable option. So, "the deal" is: if you haven't tried them, you will never know. As a wood guitar player, you may have a brand that you prefer. Odds are pretty good you haven't tried every wood guitar; so there may be others, given the chance, that you would like better than what you are currently playing.

Some might ask, "What is the deal with your guitar preference?" Open your mind and let your ears and fingers explore what carbon fiber offers. Each brand is as different as the various wood brands.

My current favorite guitar is carbon fiber - I prefer the sound of it over my favorite wood guitar, a Taylor 814ce. Don't get me wrong, the Taylor is a very nice guitar. So is my Emerald X20 (the carbon fiber guitar mentioned). And, the shape, compound curves, and ergonomics of the X20 make it feel like it was made to fit me. Something that can be designed and moulded in to a CF guitar that would be much more difficult and expensive to do in wood.

You also aren't the first to discover that they are more expensive than a lot of wood guitars. BUT, they are in line price-wise with better wood offerings.

A lot of words here to say: the deal is: a lot of us like what carbon fiber builders are offering. It isn't just "something different" - just more great guitar options.

Hang around this sub-forum a bit - a wealth of information about CF among the participants.

Jim