View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 05:51 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Yowzah--these all look wonderful, Joel! That last Coco Solis looks amazing!

Really looking forward to meeting you and taking these for a test drive!
Thanks Nemoman...I also look forward to meeting you...and listening to you take them for a test drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Me too! Can't wait for the audition.
Me too cigarfan...I build them so that I can listen to them being played by players who play the way that I wish that I could play...but can’t 🤔😉
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Wow, Joel, I don't know what to say! Those are stunners to say the very least. I am honored to have you and your beautiful builds at the first annual B.I.G.

There are so many things I like about these, I can't even begin to list them all. Holy cow.

Thank you so much for posting!!!!
Thanks Tom...for the invitation...and for making me blush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Big Fun!!!

Joel, your guitars look really really nice! Bevels and Ports really enhance the player's experience immensely. Kudos for offering them, especially at no upcharge!

I will indeed be bringing my latest John Kinnaird Custom Round Peak. And I will be glad to let anyone relatively sober, with clean hands and no belt buckle play her for a while!

I am sorry John K can not come due to family stuff but plan to do my best to show folks what stunning stuff he is building lately.

All aboard!

Paul
Thanks Paul...TBT...the bevels and ports being standard issue was a decision that was easily made the first time that I experienced them. They changed the way that I think about guitars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Jimmy View Post
HI. While visiting with Steve Sheriff at their shop a couple of months back, I had the opportunity to play one of Joel's guitars. I can tell you they are outstanding. I'm pretty picky about nut widths and string spacing (I prefer 1&7/8" nuts and 2&3/8's at the bridge) and while I don't know what Joel's spacing was, I can tell you it was VERY easy to play and sounded great. The workmanship was also top notch. Congratulations on your journey to luthiership, Joel.

Jim Gager
Thanks Jim...I was in Asheville NC when you visited, and I hate that I missed you. I did get to visit Dream Guitars, though...where I was able to experience my first Kostal, Sexauer, Wilborn guitars.
Thank you for the response to playing my guitars. FYI...the ones that you played were both 1-3/4” nut and 2-1/4 ss.

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS