View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTX View Post
Hi Side Man,

MY band IS worth our salt, and we have successfully entertained hundreds of audiences over the last six years with our setup of one Bose L1 system per player, as it was intended. NO sound mixer man, thankyouverymuch.

Huffing and puffing aside, this IS a significantly different approach that takes a little mental and physical adjustment to, but it WORKS, and I would never go back.

I also agree with you, the new SoloAmp will work very well for solo performers, and a pair for a duo act will be a good sound too - all with really easy setup and takedown.

Fishman specifically does not compare it or compete directly with Bose. I can also tell you that my early experience is that it DOES "keep up with" the Bose, and I will probably even use mine with my band, as well as for solo shows.

Keeping a open and curious mind to this stuff has been a good thing for me.

Best luck,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Your band is of the rare breed indeed... A good friend (and excellent guitarist) was part of the Bose beta testing group several years back, when the original system was being road tested, prior to release to the general public. He found it to be excellent - when restraint was used by his fellow bandmates. Most groups don't have the self-discipline your band has.

Glad the Bose is working for you and that you're able to work with some talented bandmates!

The Side Man