View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Assuming you have any kind of relatively modern computer, if you're thinking of doing anything other than run-and-gun remote recording, I'd skip the Zooms and their ilk and go straight for DAW software and an interface.
For all my other than run-and-gun remote recording I have up to date computer/interface/DAW. It's for the run-and-gun remote recording that I am looking for a simpler but good quality 'out-in-field' solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodB View Post
I use a Zoom H5, with the same quality preamp as the H6 (and H4n pro I believe), but with 2 XLR and a line input. In addition to the ease and mobility of set-up I like the ability to record from it’s own mics (stereo) and external ones (individual tracks) at the same time, and there is the possibility to record a backup stereo track from the on-board mics that is attenuated in case things get too ‘hot’.

I use a DAW to edit.
The H5 looked interesting at first because you can reassign inputs ... but it has no more tracks than the H4NPro and doesn't enable you to start overdubbing halfway through a track (neither does the H6 I believe).