View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 03:56 PM

Default Need Advice on Yamaha Acoustic

I am a new member to the Forum, and this is my first post. I have been following AGF for many years to assist in the purchase of many used Yamaha acoustics. I am still learning to play; this has been on my bucket list most of my life. I just love Yamaha guitars. The build quality, even on my Taiwan-made guitars, is, in my humble opinion second to none. I am also on the small side, and the modified Jumbo body suits me.

I'd love to get some feedback about a couple of vintage Yamaha guitars that I have seen listed on Ebay and Reverb. One is a Taiwan custom-shop LL35, and I think it's a 1986 model. The other is a L-15, hand-made in Japan, in flawless condition. Both are solid wood models, with spruce tops and rosewood b/s.

I have also pondered buying a new LL26, however, I know that the resale is not there, and for what a new LL26 costs, some would recommend a Martin D28. I have never played a Martin, and I am not certain that the neck profile would be comfortable for my smaller hands. I have read so many reviews of LL16D and LL16M models since those are also under consideration. A better value perhaps though they are not made in Japan.

I would appreciate any feedback since I know many of you are Yamaha experts. Thanks!

Yamaha DW-15
Yamaha LD-10
Yamaha FG-461S
Yamaha FG- 450SA
Recording King RD10