View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredFelix View Post

Guitaniac, I am considering the Miniflex as well. How do you feel it holds up to open strumming? Is the sound natural in that way? At quick research I am having trouble finding many recordings of it where people actually explain their signal chain.
It works fine for all styles of playing. I do everything from heavy strumming to picking with bare finger pads. The only caveats, once again, are that its on the heavy side for a pickup system, and that you may want to use some EQ device with it which is a little more versatile than the three band EQ on a typical amp or PA mixer. I personally have found it to be a little overly strong in the low mids with one of my guitars. In the case of that guitar, a modest cut at 200 Hz with a Boss GE7 graphic equalizer is helpful. In the case of my thin-bodied classical, on the other hand, the overly strong low mid response was actually helpful.

Here's an old demo video from Doug Young, one of our AGF regulars. He identifies the amp which he's playing through, and also notes when he switches to running directly into a Zoom recorder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K878aq7vFWg