View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 11:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdikland View Post
So I got my Zoom H4 Pro today, installed batteries and SD card, turned in on, laid it down on a table in front of me, hit record and started to play. And...….

Well there simply is no comparison to any of my other equipment. I have got to think my M-Audio Duo is defective. Zoom recordings, with little consideration to mic placement and/or room, actually sound like my guitar(s). In particular, my classical guitar sound awesome. In the past they always sounded like a cheap plastic guitar. So now I have to wonder and ask myself.

The Zoom H6 went on sale shortly after I purchased this H4. Should I return the H4 and buy the H6???

In either case. I will post some recordings of my new toy soon as I do a little more experimenting with this device.
I have the H5 and it is amazing what you can get with the supplied X-Y mic setup so for starting out, it’s hard to beat. I learned from Doug that if you want to add compression, lo-cut, and reverb, do it in a DAW on your laptop or desktop. I’ve also gotten great results using external mics with the H5.

Unless you are recording multiple tracks, I don’t think the H6 really brings any major benefits over the H4N or the H5 so you are probably good to go for a while.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)