View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 09:02 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
That looks like a very finely crafted archtop ... that IS a floating pickup isn't it?

Cedar is an unusual (unique?) option for an archtop but should make it sonorous for soloing and lead melodies, if not a hard chunky rhythm box .. a more modern sound I guess, so here's the thing ... she looks stunning, but what does she sound like? Gotta put a video or a sound file up for us !

Enjoy you new guitars!
Yep, it's a floating Kent Armstrong pickup. I just got my cutaway Paddock back from setup, it is a spruce top with mahogany back and sides. I love the first 2 Paddock archtops so much that I got a third one which is an all acoustic Spruce/Maple, though not as responsive to fingerstyle it is thunderous when hit with a pick. Here are some photos and an iphone sound clip (I tried maintaining the same distance and attack when playing, first guitar is the cedar/maple/x-braced and second is the spruce/maple/parallel braced), I don't own any great recording equipment so this is what we'll have to work with, and as always, so many guitars but not enough talent

Last edited by Vee_Voe; 08-06-2018 at 09:09 PM.