View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 10:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
The Bugera V5 Infinium routinely sells for $199...

Holiday sales/coupon days can get that down to $149-159...

Basic two-tube, single-ended Class-A five-watter, best built-in digi-verb I've heard to date, built-in attenuator (5W/1W/0.1W) and headphone out let you practice at 3 AM without incurring the wrath of your neighbors/S.O./cat - and it'll drive a 2x12"/4x12" cab at OSHA-approved levels if you're so inclined...

These little tone machines (most far more expensive than the V5) have become quite the rage for good reason - I use mine for weekly band rehearsals and coffeehouse gigs, has all the volume/tones (plural intended) I need; sometimes less really is more when it comes to guitar amps - and if you're serious about electric guitar you will need one of these sooner than later...

The big-box/online dealers should have their Memorial Day sales kicking in any day now - regardless of your musical preferences, given the price you almost can't afford not to own one...
I recently bought one and am really enjoying it. The variable wattage is a great feature, and you can get a nice, full tube sound at a surprising volume from just 1 watt. Personally, I find tube amps to be more satisfying than solid state ones.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class