View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM

I am recording a new song and did 8 or so acoustic guitar takes all the way through didn't stop to listen, just did one after another....

I felt I had a perfect take but wasn't sure which # it was.....I went back and played em all and sure enough I had caught lightening in a bottle.....

This starts out acoustic, then I bring in drums, keys, bass, strings etc.(BTW, I edit the daylights out of these in Sequencer mode on my Triton Extreme) I had one problem........at the end of the tune I break back down to acoustic and on the last ringing note, and guess what .......................You hear the darn click track

As one person said on Acoustic there is nowhere to hide, and to seamlessly piece something together is kinda daunting unless your guitar is ringing out overtones exactly the same way.........

After a few failed attempts to redo the outro I was concerned, you could audibly hear a punch.....But ahhhhh, I set auto punch for the last note only......I played along with the track and got the same overtones and man I got my perfect take.......

In reality multitrack recording is a composite Best Of

The beauty of it is, it is you playing the very best you can......Your overall recording should be The Take Of A Lifetime

Breedlove American C25 SME--Neumann KMS 105---Fishman Loudbox Performer---KORG PA 4X--Tascam DP 24
God, My Guitar, & Me