View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 11:43 AM

You guys are great ..big thanks for all the feedback!

Result: I strayed off the path and went with the Lyric!

Yeah, I know I know ...there are those who adamantly dislike the tone, while others who praise it as truly natural. After much reading --and listening to youtubes for what little that's worth, I know-- I went with Lyric for these reasons:

1. I ultimately decided that I didn't want to add a UST as I preferred simpler, non-intrusive changes to the saddle.

2. I read a lot about who folks loved or hated the Lyric based on its lack of bass response. I have personally found that too many amplified acoustics I've heard over the decades (with whatever system folks have) are overly bass boosted, and folks that seem to praise this tone are really remarking on the dynamics of the player than they are on the natural quality of the acoustic instrument. I am of the school of thought that an acoustic guitar played as such really does not have the big bass I hear so typically pumped through the house, so this "criticism" of the Lyric actually helped convince me to try it.

2. It is "only" my backup and not at all my primary "go-live" guitar so simpler installation was attractive.

3. If I do end up using this guit w/lyric live, I run through a Baggs Venue which I am confident (hope? ) will get my tone at least decent, if not genuinely good.

That said, the SL was a close contender. And who knows, if I end up hating the Lyric, it'll be up FS and I'll be ordering the SL, hahaha! Thanks a bunch, gents!

Edward