View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 11:19 PM

1. ok i tapered the braces off a bit more (pic 1) as suggested since they will not run all the way to the end. i left a little bit on the end but i did shave them down quite a bit at the end.

2. today i flipped over and glued the back (pic 2). again i see some spaces as i also noticed the back is bowed a little from gluing the angled bracing on which is normal i would think. hopefully the routing and binding will fix the space issue. i notice the spacing by where the tailblock is and i am gluing the whole tailblock so a little spacing there should be fine i would think. i bet my tailblock is not as level as i would like to believe and this may be causing the spacing issue. i did sand the sides and tailblock and had a level handy to make sure they leveled off but who knows.

3. i have a lot of extra space around some parts of the sides from the top/back being oversized initially (pic 3). i understand that i will route this off when i route for the binding. my concern is i have never done this before so i hope that the router doesn't rip the top/back instead of clean cut and mess up everything. i got this router bit set http://www.harpkit.com/mm5/merchant....ory_Code=inlay
and got the router suggested earlier in my previous post. i am hoping the rpm are fast enough that the sides cut cleanly and not rip apart. of course i will test the router and bit on practice wood quite a few times before trying on the real thing. any tips on routing binding would be appreciated! i see some youtube vids but nothing like some direct advice.

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

Last edited by Twilo123; 02-27-2015 at 11:28 PM.