Thread: Sexauer/'15
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 04:22 AM
Charter Member

I think that is an absolutely a lovely guitar. I believe that has been living at George Gruhn's. Looking for an owner. I know that some of the antique finishing techniques came from a friend n' neighbor master violin luthier. I think that you'll see some similar elements in this one albeit a bit of a different beast.

http://guitars.com/inventory/am7247-...aluma-ca-ft-00

I am amazed that no one has snatched it up this spec. guitar. I can only attribute it being available still to the strong preconceptions that exist in the guitar community as to how maple sounds vs. glassy tropical hardwoods sound or look (many tend to hear with their eyes...notice Taylor is now dark staining their new maple guitars!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftyprs View Post
I'd say you boys made a good decision on which maple billet to go with. I'm sure it will look and sound wonderful, as pretty much all of Bruce's guitars do! :-)

I've always loved this "Antiqued" OO Euro Spruce/Big Leaf Maple guitar Bruce built a few years back. If I played right handed, I'd be all over it!!! It truly is a beautiful piece of art, that just so happens to sing so sweetly when caressed just right...

Last edited by iim7V7IM7; 01-17-2015 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Ii meant to say hear not see...