View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
Rather than answer your question directly, I would do this. I would contact Maury at Maury's Music or Jon at My Favorite Guitars, let them know my interests and past experiences with other brands as well as the type of music I enjoy, and let them make some suggestions as to what is available in that price range.

You have a lot of Taylor Grand Auditoriums according to your sig. Do you want more auditorium style guitars from a different maker, or do you want to go another body type, or wood type? Do you play fingerstyle, flatpick, or strum? Jazz, country, rock?

Does the history of the people who have played Martin have any influence on you? If you like Clarence White and that D-28, then you may not be satisfied with a Joan Baez orchestra size.

I would reach out to Jon and or Maury instead of taking recommendations from a bunch of unknown strangers who probably have an entirely different reasons to like or dislike Martin guitars.

CK
I used the pronoun “you” twice in the OP because I really did want to know what each of you would purchase as your one and only Martin acoustic. The question was not intended to ask “What should I purchase?”
Martin 000-15sm